Fasion

It earth so as to the era of big accessories is not in excess of yet. Today, wonderful big watches seem cool together on men and women's wrists. From rough shock-resistant watches intended for uneven outdoor behavior to automatic watches, the catalog of big, sporty and pilot watches comprises a big diversity of brands and models. There are too non-special use watches so as to


Perhaps it's because I live in Miami where it is a momentous occasion if the temperate drops below 60 degrees, but I simply do not understand the allure of the fur trapper hat.
I know they're considered elegant and wintery chic when prancing down the runway, but I would not wear one out of the house unless I was going to a costume party as Davy Crockett or Marge Gunderson from the Coen Brothers epic masterpieceFargo.
Again I understand, baby it's cold outside and you want to keep your noggin' warm. I'm not hating so much on the plaid ear-flapped Elmer Fudd variety, but when it looks like you actually killed da wabbit and have it nesting on your head, yeah, I have a problem with that.
A snuggie is cozy, but you wouldn't wear that out in public, would you?
***The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the people who work in close proximity to me.
fur trapper hats.JPG

I wore a watch even before I knew how to tell time.
Strawberry Shortcake looked sweeter than her name implied on my wrist, and that was all that mattered. Once I mastered telling the big hand from the little hand, Mickey Mouse trumped Shortcake, then some nameless girl with pigtails followed, Betty Boop, a big Flava Flav like backpack with a big clock on the back, a Swatch here and there, and now I'm finally all grown up and ready for some big girl watches.
celebrity watches.JPG
The most multi-functional of accessories, watches clue you in on the time and sometimes the date, all while making a bling'ed out fashion statement. Never a fan of digital watches, I'm all about the Swiss movement. Celebs love their watches too, just take a look at Jaime King, Sophia Bush, Kristen Bell and Hayden Panetierre at a recent launch party for A/X Watches in Los Angeles. Looks like they're having a time.
My brother gave my Dad a sweet designer men's watch from Fossil for Father's Day, and it reminded me how much I love the look of a big, chunky men's watch on a small dainty, feminine wrist. Here is a quartet of my favorite stylish timepieces for summer...I'm sure the ladies above would approve.
oversized gold watches.JPG
1. Take in the opulent elegance of this Daniel Steiger Moda Diamond Watch in Rose Gold from Timepieces International
for $299. It's classic, it's rich, it has 30 genuine diamonds on it. I likey.
2. Do I need a chronograph watch? Not really. Does it look cooler than all get out? Yepper. Fossil's Chronograph Champagne Dial will look super chic on my wrist, especially when layered with other shiny happy bangles and bracelets piled on. Only $125.
3. The Mr. Big Stuff of watches, this White Enamel A/X Watch from Armani Exchange is $120 and phat with a capital PH. Kinda makes me wish my initals were A & X...but then again, that would leave me with a really messed up last name.
4. Feel ready to jet set to the poshest cities in Europe in a moment's notice when you sport this Michael Kors Jet Set Watch from the Project Runway judge who hates it when models look like they're pooping fabric. $200 for the watch, boarding pass not included.
Gotta run. Time flies when you're shopping for watches.
I'm always on the lookout for studs.
I was totally intrigued one day in college when my roommate and I were hanging a heavy mirror in our new bachelorette pad and she asked if I had a studfinderhandy.
"A studfinder?!" I exclaimed!
"You mean to tell me that there is actually an invention out there that helps women locate studs? Glory, glory hallelujah!"
She just shook her head, handing me the hammer.
Oh. She meant those other, less interesting wall studs.
I now have a very studly boyfriend at home who hangs all of my heavy things for me, but that doesn't mean I'm still not on the lookout for the perfect stud. Here are a few studworthy pieces that help me out whenever I want to feel 100% rock star studded.
studded with text.JPG
This cutesy Colorblock Stud Tube Dress from Wet Seal may look like it just stepped out of a clip from The Wedding Singer, but if you didn't already know, the 80's are back jack. And don'tcha just adore the fem/rock contrast with the flirty bubble skirt paired with that rockin' disco ball waistline?
There's always time for studs. When it comes to accessories, the first studded piece that comes to mind is the classic studded belt. Been there, done that. Go for the unexpected and make a statement of the times with this Burberry Studded Timepiece that doubles as a functional watch and as a tough cuff bracelet.
Not all studded styles involve black leather. Add a pop of color with these sophisticated lavender Masha Croc Slides from Forzieri . Highlighted by silver studs and an elegant buckle detail, your stems will look like they go on for days and then some.
Last but not least, challenge Bo and Luke Duke to a game of Stud poker in these short short Daisy Duke Studded Shorts from Kitson, or wear them the next time you wash your car with a studded bikini top to match.
You'll probably find some studs along the way... and I'm not talking wall studs.


Labels:




0 comments
Photobucket