Fasion



Many of you know that I'm not a good cook. I just wear a pinny for shits and giggles. Through the years, I have come to realize that doing the gluten and casein free diet (GFCF) is challenging in the area of cheesy-like sauces. I tried some the other day (fake macaroni and cheese) and took on an expression similar to Bill the Cat.

Now. I know Bill the Cat probably isn't a good image to display next to the title of "Sister Crystal's Recipe of the Day," but I want you to "get" the significance of disgustingness that most fake casein-free vegan cheeses have to offer. It's not something to toy around with. They are BAAAAAD.

I have stumbled upon a recipe for a cheesy-like sauce that is completely casein free and comes from Hallelujah Acres. They use it for fettuccini alfredo, but it could easily be used to top vegetables or whatever.

Fettuccini Alfredo (casein free) sauce:
1 tablespoon water
1 cup veganaise
1/2 cup nutritional yeast (make sure it's grown on sugar beets and is GFCF)
*I put a little olive oil in there, too. EVOO, bitches!!

The recipe gives particular directions for cooking it, but I just threw that shit together in a pan and brought it to a boil. Bon appetit!










0 comments
Photobucket