Fasion



Here's your shit sandwich. How would you like it cooked?



It's hard to put into words the shit storm that autism moms have to endure. If finding a way to afford the "cool" clothes for your kid is a normal thing that you have to worry about, you're not at the same rodeo as me. Somehow, worrying about what your son will lick next at school is a foreign concern that should be brushed aside (according to some parents of normal children), because "those people" are used to it.



Well, I can't say that autism will ever become customary. I will never hear of a child smearing poop on the walls and think to myself, 'Well, old hat for his mom. Nothing to worry about, carry on.' Each autism episode leaves me more drained than the last.



I read an article today that gives a good account to what we live through. Autism folks, you've likely lived a day like this. "Regular" parents, check it out. Then, thank God for your normal world.



A Day in the Life of An Autism Mom










0 comments
Photobucket