Fasion

Let's Go Krogering

1:48 PM




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


**The above music is really necessary to get the full effect of the evening's events. Please proceed with your volume at an ungodly level.

Being an autism mom, I'm typically on the lookout for situations that could prove to be "sticky," shall we say. I let my guard down; sometimes I do that when Brock is around. I assume he'll keep Hayden from mortally embarrassing us.

Last night, we went shopping. I actually saw this one coming, but there was relatively NOTHING that I could do to avoid the situation. A lady weighing approximately 500 pounds was shopping in one of those motorized wheelchairs. Both of my kids were intrigued. Ayla was leaned back, staring a hole in her, motionless of course. About that time, before I could distract Motor-mouth (let me add that Motor-mouth is every autism mom's dream nickname for their child...speech is such an issue), Hayden looked at her and said, "Oh yeeeeeeah." I wheeled away as fast as I could, dragging my loud-mouthed child behind me.

But, Hayden didn't stop there. He felt a strong desire to tell the entire store upon our departure, "Thanks for shopping at Wal-Mart." I ignored that one, too.

What I did NOT ignore happened later in the evening. Some friends came over to visit, and Hayden walked up to one of them (more than once), pointed to the man's head, and said, "You don't have any hair."

What can I say? At least he's animated.











0 comments
Photobucket